Plural forms of nouns
This Spanish grammar explained in English is brought to you by
Come and learn Spanish with us and enjoy our beaches and weather.
FORMATION OF THE PLURAL
1. Nouns add S when the word ends in an unaccented vowel.
2. Nouns add ES when the word ends in a consonant or accented I or U.
3. Nouns ending in Z change it to C in the plural.
4. Nouns ending in S have the same form in singular and plural.
Exception: gas es. Gas.
5. Some nouns change the place of the accent in the plural.
6. The plural-masculine form sometimes includes both genders.
7. Some nouns are only plural.
8. Some are double in number.